In order for us to provide you with the highest quality if care we need to keep records about you, your care that we have provided and your health. We know you value your privacy and security of your personal information.
Information we hold:
- Basic details, e.g name, address, D.O.B, occupation
- Clinical records about your dental care, health history and medical treatment
- Medicines you have been prescribed
- Information relevant to your care from other health professionals and /or relatives
We have a leading dental computer software system enabling us to keep accurate records of your care so that we can provide high level of service for you. We also have a digital x-ray system which means lower doses and better viewing. Both of these systems are regularly backed up and reduced the need for excess paper to be wasted.
So we will not share your personal information, unless:
- You ask us to
- We ask and you give us specific permission
- We are required by law
- We are permitted by law, e.g where public safety overrides the need to keep the information confidential
We will share your information with other health professional who are involved in your care, for example if we need to refer you to see an orthodontist then we will need to write to them explaining your current dental health problem and give your basic details. They also have a legal duty to keep such information confidential.
All our staff comply with confidentiality and have a duty of care and etics to keep your information confidential, secure and accurate. All of our staff contracts contain a requirement to keep patient information confidential.